CRDC has today welcomed the appointment by the Minister for Agriculture, the Hon. Barnaby Joyce MP, of five Directors to the CRDC Board.
Led by incumbent Chair Dr Mary Corbett (pictured) and CRDC’s Executive Director Bruce Finney, the CRDC’s Board will comprise former Directors Cleave Rogan and Dr Michael Robinson, past Director Kathryn Adams and new Directors Liz Alexander and Greg Kauter.
Dr Corbett welcomed the Directors, who come from a diverse range of backgrounds across the cotton, agriculture and commercial sectors, saying one of the great strengths of the CRDC Board has long been its diversity of Directors who bring to the table a range of skills to help drive the organisation forward.
Dr Corbett welcomed Cleave, Michael and Kathryn back to the CRDC Board, and Liz and Greg to the Board for the first time, and also paid tribute to CRDC’s outgoing Board, whose term finished on 30 September.
“I thank outgoing Deputy Chair Hamish Millar and Directors Dr Lorraine Stephenson and Richard Haire for their contribution to the Board and the cotton industry over the past three years,” Dr Corbett said.
“The focus for the new Board will be to ensure the cotton industry is well prepared to capitalise on the opportunities and overcome the challenges ahead. I look forward to working with my fellow CRDC Directors to achieve this,” Dr Corbett said.
- Ms Kathryn Adams (Queensland): non-executive director for Dairy Futures CRC, Pork CRC, Farm Future Industries CRC and Agriculture Victoria Services
- Mrs Liz Alexander (Queensland): Principal, Blue Dog Agribusiness; director, Plant Health Australia
- Mr Greg Kauter (NSW): agricultural consultant with more than 30 years of cotton industry experience.
- Dr Michael Robinson (NSW): chief executive officer, Plant Biosecurity Research Centre
- Mr Cleave Rogan (Queensland): director, RowAg Investments with more than 30 years farming experience, including cotton.
Full biographies on all of our Board Directors can be found here.