CRDC values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
Positions available within CRDC are advertised here as they arise.
Principal Monitoring & Reporting Officer
As a shared role between Sugar Research Australia (SRA) and Cotton Research & Development Corporation (CRDC), this is a unique opportunity for the successful incumbent to drive and facilitate effective monitoring and reporting systems across two key industries in Australia’s agricultural research sector.
SRA and CRDC are the principal research, development and extension (RD&E) organisations for the sugarcane and cotton industries. Investing in and managing RD&E projects and technologies, both organisations aim to increase productivity, profitability and sustainability for their respective industries through the planning, management and evaluation of strategic investments in RD&E that will deliver these outcomes.
The Principal Monitoring & Reporting Officer will be the driver behind the development, implementation and enhancement of RD&E monitoring and reporting systems across the two organisations. Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the outputs and impact of RD&E, this role is also required to engage and work closely with a range of high-level stakeholders across the two industries and government.
The incumbent will be employed by SRA and based in their head office in Indooroopilly, however will share their time equally across both SRA and CRDC and their respective industries.
- Assess, enhance and manage SRA’s and CRDC’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Frameworks;
- Develop and implement performance monitoring and reporting systems;
- Ensure monitoring and reporting processes are understood and supported;
- Work closely with researchers and program managers to capture, collate, analyse and report on RD&E outputs, outcomes and impact;
- Undertake business analysis activities, including qualitative and quantitative data collection, data interpretation and data presentation;
- Produce performance reports for SRA and CRDC Management, Boards and investors;
- Support communication activities to disseminate planning, monitoring and reporting information;
- Establish and enhance relationships with other research organisations.
Domestic travel to CRDC’s headquarters in Narrabri NSW will be required.
You will be self-motivated and possess a blend of strategic planning, M&E expertise and strong interpersonal skills. Your ability to build and manage excellent relationships both internally and externally will be coupled with a high level of conceptual and analytical competency in data analysis, interpretation and reporting.
Demonstrating a strong understanding of agricultural research, development and extension, you will be tertiary qualified and boast excellent communication and report writing skills. It is also crucial that your strengths within strategic and operational planning and M&E are bolstered by a particular expertise in establishing program logic based organisational performance monitoring and reporting systems.
Applications will be open from Tuesday 9 April and close at 10.00am on Wednesday 24 April, 2019. Please submit a resume and cover letter via Seek outlining your suitability and motivation for this position. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a medical screening and a police check.
Please note: This is a three year fixed term contract and applicants must have the right to work in Australia in order to apply. A working-holiday visa is not suitable due to the restriction of no more than 6 months’ work with any one employer.