CRDC takes its privacy obligations very seriously, and is committed to meeting the highest standards when collecting, storing, using and disclosing personal information.
- the kinds of personal information that CRDC collects and holds
- how CRDC collects and holds personal information
- the purposes for which CRDC collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- how an individual may access and seek the correction of personal information that is held by CRDC
- how an individual may complain about a breach of the APPs by CRDC, and how the CRDC will deal with such a complaint, and
- whether the CRDC is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and, if so, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located.
Information collected when you look at this website
CRDC collects information that you choose to give us, for example your email address if you contact us.
If you visit CRDC’s site to read or download information, the CRDC records the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address and associated country
- your top level domain name (e.g. gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc)
- pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded
- search terms you used
- date and time you visited the site
- previous site you visited
- your operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac)
- type of browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer).
Access to information collected when you look at this website
CRDC will not attempt to identify non-web registered users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect the CRDC’s Internet Service Provider's logs.
Individuals have the right to access their personal information, and the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. This can be done by contacting CRDC via phone, email or post:
The Communications Manager
Cotton Research & Development Corporation
PO Box 282
Narrabri NSW 2390
Ph: 02 6792 4088
Fax: 02 6792 4400
A response will be provided with 30 days.
Use of information collected when you look at this website
CRDC only uses your personal information for the purposes for which you provided it, and for the purpose of communicating about the CRDC’s activities in relation to managing cotton research, development and extension. This includes the cotton industry’s joint extension program, CottonInfo, of which CRDC is one of three joint partners.
Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose (including with other government agencies) without your consent, unless this is expressly authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles.
CRDC analyses non-identifiable aggregated website traffic data to help us improve the structure, functionality and content of this website. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.